Totally agree with Mikael.
Personally I never use the Cubase metering system for the lack of RMS metering (and some other stuff).
I think Cubase’s level meters are a bit poor. Not all the meters have to be very extensive. But it would be nice if the metering on the master channels had a bit more features like:
- Standard RMS metering (in the middle or outside of the master channel’s meter).
- Stereo split db information of the highest value (unlike the single combined info we have now below the meter).
- Simple correlation meter.
- Adjustable db range/scale, for instance only show from -18db to 0db (would be nice for all channels to monitor the levels a bit more exact).
- Show Valleys (on all channels). Not a must have, but could be handy sometimes.
Luckily their are some great metering tools out there, so the lack of those features isn’t the biggest deal in the world, but I think some would be very welcome additions though