FR: time signature to change beaming hidden by default

This may have been covered before though I didn’t find anything when searching. I’ve recently run into a few situations where I need to change 5/4 beaming between 3+2 and 2+3. It would be nice if when I do that and the time sig is already 5/4 that the new one is hidden by default.

Or to add a “h” or something in the popover for hidden. [3+2]/4h
Same for tuplets.

Jesper

1 Like

I support the idea of being able to hide a time signature at the time of creation via the popover, and this is something I’ve been planning to implement for a while, but I don’t think it would be a good idea in general to automatically hide a time signature that adds up to the same bar length but which has a different beat grouping.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel, also for tuplets it would be great to have the option, number only, bracket only, number and bracket and no number or bracket in the popover.

Jesper

I appreciate the reply, Daniel. Even just being able to do it from the popover would certainly save a step. From an engraving standpoint, though, I can’t come up with a case where I would want to display an already prevailing time signature. (other than to drive an editor nuts!)