FR: Transposing & Concert Pitch and Input Pitch in Preferences

Hello Dorico crew,
Inspired by this thread here: Alto Flute in Dorico 3.1.10.1032 - Dorico - Steinberg Forums and my way of working…
I would like to ask you for small improvement, if it’s possible. :slight_smile:
Would be really great if we can choose the program default settings - Transposed Pitch or Concert Pitch, and for Input Pitch (Written Pitch or Sounding Pitch) in the Preferences > Note Input and Editing.
Personally I prefer my app default to be Transposed Pitch.

I hope you would think about it! :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

These settings are all saved in the project, so you can already do this: simply click ‘Save as Default’ in the Note Input Options dialog, and your choice will be reflected in each new project you start. The state of concert/transposed pitch is saved per-layout in Layout Options, so again you can do ‘Save as Default’ in Layout Options to make this choice for all new projects. Existing projects that you reopen will restore whatever settings they had when you last saved them.

Hello Daniel,
Thank you very much for the reply and help! :slight_smile:
For Transposing Pitch I have found the option in the Layout Options
But nothing for the Input Pitch:
Dorico Pro - Input Pitch.png
in the Note Input Options
There are only Chord Input settings.
You say that if I select Sounding Pitch in Write drop-down menu, and then Save as Default in the Note Input Options, the Sounding Pitch will be saved as default for all projects?

Thank you once again! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

Yes, that is indeed what I mean. It doesn’t appear in the dialog, but it is one of those options and hence will be saved when you click ‘Save as Default’.

Thank you very much, Daniel! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz