FR:VST Connect / Performer for Dorico

Hello crew behind Dorico,
Would be great if you find a way to adopt Cubase’s VST Connect SE/Pro and VST Performer. :slight_smile:
This will help the real-time, over internet ,collaboration between people who are working on
the same project or between teacher and student, especially if one of the sides doesn’t own Dorico…

With options for:

• Step Input / Real-time recording.
  • Screen sharing in FullHD, just the one who uses VST Performer to be able to see the scores normally.
  • Keyboard & Mouse editing in every mode of Dorico from VST Performer.
  • File sending ( Dorico, MIDI, MusicXML, Video, Cubase, Nuendo, Sibelius, Finale, Overture, Audio, PDF, Document).

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

I wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

Hello Dorico crew,
I hope you are all fine! :slight_smile:
Please, think about this request! :slight_smile: Would be nice if make possible Dorico SE to connect Dorico Pro like VST Connect and VST Performer.
Once Dorico SE is connected to Dorico Pro, to unlock all Pro features in order to make collaboration between people more effective.
In situations like this quarantine… such option for collaboration is important.
Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

We have no current plans for anything like this, and please don’t bump threads.

Daniel, thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:
I hope you would add this request at some point into your list, because it’s important to have similar way for collaboration as we have in Cubase.
This is better than sending files forth and back… since SE does not allow editing of larger projects, and we cannot force everyone to buy Dorico Pro in order to normally collaborate with us.

Thank you once again! :slight_smile:
Stay safe!
Thurisaz

In the meantime, there are of course already plenty of ideas/solutions out there, if this kind of workflow is needed right now… get both Screen-Sharing and high quality audio, all in real-time (minimal latency)…
Here’s one using AnyDesk and AudioMovers ‘Listento’ app combined, on a Cubase session for example:-

Others include - Zoom, TeamViewer, SourceConnect, SessionLink Pro, etc…

MODS:- there is no affiliation with me, to any of these companies/products whatsoever. Please remove/edit if I’ve posted inappropriately… No problem. I was just attracted to the ‘VST Connect’ in the thread title. :wink: