Frame headings automaticly

Hi
Is there a way that Dorico created automaticly flow headings.
I draw music frames and I want the flow headings in the same way that on the Master and default Page.
Or need I to creat text frames with the flow title

Patrick

I’m not exactly sure where you want to see the Flow Headings since you do not say what you are seeing instead.

Do the flow titles in File > Project Info… show the version of the flow title you anticipate?

What version of Dorico are you using (and what computer OS and version)? Later versions of Dorico have both flow titles pre-set in the Master Page running headers of some layouts and also separate Master Page flow headers, both of which can be edited or added to in Engrave Mode (in Pro).

If you create your own text frames (which suggests you have the Pro version of whichever iteration of Dorico you are running) you can add tokens for {@flowTitle@} in your text field.

If you draw music frames onto the layout directly, that will create a page override, which does not play well with flow headers.

The first thing I would do is to add those music frames by creating and editing a new master page, then assigning that master page to the desired layout page using a Master Page Change.

1 Like

Sorry about my english . .

I have created a blank page on wich I draw an music frame.
My question : Do I need to create a text frame and then {@flowTitle@} to have a title of this flow, or is there a way that Dorico do this automaticly

PS: I use Dorico Pro 3.5 on a Windows 10 PC

Thank’s

Dorico won’t show flow headings inside layout music frames (music frames you’ve drawn onto individual pages, not in a master page) so unfortunately yes in those situations you must add text frames with the relevant tokens manually.

Many thank’s to you all

Again, the best way to do this is to design a master page, which will populate the relevant flow headers as well.

1 Like