Fredo, where have my dongle details disappeared to??

Hi Fredo,

I joined the Nuendo forum, pre the current incarnation, when it was located at Nuendo.com, and as was the case with all users, their registered dongles had to be specified as part of the criteria for having an active account.

I recently re-joined the forum and to my dismay have found that none of my details had been propagated across (all former private messages wiped as well) to the new site, forcing me to have to register anew so to speak.

Is there anyway you can re-activate my old details or do they need to be re-entered?

Many thanks in advance,
Uzo (beyarecords)

You need to register your dongles to your MySteinberg account, and from there on you can join the forums for which you have licenses. Your settings and details from the old forum were not ported over to the new one.

Fredo

Hi Fredo,

I have registered both my dongles on MySteinberg account but am still not able to access other areas of the Nuendo forum, apart from this one, in regards to being able to post any questions. What am I overlooking?

Many thanks in advance,

Which is normal. You can only post in the forums of which you have a product registered. But you can read them all.

Fredo

Well I have 2 registered Nuendo products and wish to ask a question in the Nuendo 6 forum. How do I go about doing this?

Many thanks in advance,

So, you say that you have two registered Nuendo licenses, and can not post?
I will have to ask the site admin. I don’t have access to that kind of stuff.

Fredo

Yes.

Many thanks in advance,

I have fixed that and you should be able to post now. Sorry for that!

Thank you! :smiley:

Many thanks in advance,

I spoke to quickly methinks. :blush:

I’m still unable to start a new thread or post to an existing one.

Many thanks in advance,

P.S. I am also unable to update my forum profile (Avatar, profession, interests etc). Clicking ‘save profile’ directs me to the following page: https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/forum.html#input, which displays a blank white page.

Many thanks in advance,

D’oh! Could you try again? Selecting the group without saving the setting usually doesn’t work that well… :wink:

Hooray!! All is working now. :smiley:

Many thanks in advance,

Hi EdDoll,

It appears once again that I am unable to start a new thread or reply to an existing one, including my own!

Could you kindly have a look at your settings to see whether they have unsaved themselves?

Many thanks in advance,

Bump!

Hi Beya,

Apparetly something is wrong with the forum. I also lost all my moderator privileges.
But that can also be the first signs of me being kicked out of here … :wink:

Fredo

Hi Fredo,

Thanks for letting me know the situation. And as for

we’ll be having none of that talk, Sir! :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance,

I understand the policy of enabling write access only to the forums that a user has a product license for. However, there is no current user with a license for Nuendo 6. So, how come some users have write access to it and some not?