Free Update TO Current Version

Hello Steinberg.

I have a Steinberg Education Software 9.5 ,
on the top of the box written Free Update To Current Version,
when I try To update to cubase 10 i’m getting massages such you have already upgraded,
I have to MENTION that i’ve never UPDATED the software and today i am using cubase 9.5 as i bought it.
waiting for your help and answers :slight_smile:

Hi,

Please read more about the Steinberg Grace Period. Another useful article: How to verify eligibility for free Grace Period update.

Info from the New in Cubase 10 web-page: Customers who have activated an earlier Cubase version since October 15, 2018, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to Cubase 10.

is there a way/link to check grace eligibility via a web site and not having to use the USB licenser?

Martin gave you the answer: Customers who have activated an earlier Cubase version after October 15, 2018, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to Cubase 10.

Thanks. So to confirm, if i download and activate after Cct 15, 2019 – I am eligible for 10.5.x? Is there a link to this somewhere?

There is no link to anything which does not yet exist.

Hi,

The Activation time is the important. No one knows, if it will be October 15 or 17 or 11 here on the User Forum. Only Steinberg Marketing guys know. :wink: So I would recommend to wait even a bit more, just to be on the safe side.

Cubase 10.5 has not been released yet. If Steinberg will release the same way as it did some years in the past, then it will be released around mid of November. But again, its just a speculation based on the experience from the past years. No one really knows here on the forum.

From the release date the Grace Period is counted back.