Freeze bug?

Think I found a bug in freeze function. I noticed it as I froze a track, the audio had crackles sounding like clipping.

Had a MIDI track with Synthmaster 2, no insert FX and 1 send to TB Reverb. No clipping/crackles when playing midi track.

Froze the track and toggled on the setting for dry/no FX. The resulting wave had clipping/crackles.

Deleted the freeze track and toggled off the setting for dry/no FX. Turned off the send manually and froze the track. The resulting waveform was much smaller visually and had no crackles/clipping.

Can anyone else confirm differing waveform results with dry/no FX toggled on/off?

Hi @mcmillan.jon

If you still encounter the issue, please share a clip with us which shows the exact steps leading to the problem.

Thanks
Lars

I hope this video clip shows the issue. The 1sg freeze is with effects, but the effects are bypassed. Second freeze is with effects turned on, but dry setting turned on. I think the waveform should be the same in both mixdowns, but the second is clearly larger/more db.

Hi @mcmillan.jon

Thanks for the additional info - shared with the team!

Best,
Lars

Thanks! I hope it’s an easy fix.
Is this a bug in the freeze/mixdown dry setting function? Should we not use this for now until it’s fixed?

Hi @mcmillan.jon

The issue is planned to be resolved in the next Cubasis update. For now, we recommend to avoid using the “Exclude all effects (dry)” setting if you have send effects enabled. Instead, manually disable the send effects that you don’t want to hear in the mixdown.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Yes, that will work.
Thanks!

1 Like