Freeze multiple tracks [Achieved]

+1

+1 Really need this!

Yes, why isn’t this a feature yet?

+1

Wish this was a feature to, to get around this here’s what I’ve done recently:

1. “Save as” under a new name like “LIVE CELLO record sesh”
  2. I’ve group channeled my tracks into categories to bounce stems (strings, pads, percussion, ect…) and re-importing these back into my session. This way you still have at least a little flexibility to mute certain parts of your score.
  3. Then deleting all the midi tracks
  4. Record your live musician.
  5. Then go back to your previous session that had all your midi and just “Import track from project” and bring in your audio. Everything should be in the exact same place .

I hope that helps!

I am astounded that you must wait - click - wait - click - wait - click (…)

Dear Steinberg, can we please (please) make it possible to freeze multiple tracks in one click. The operation itself can often take anywhere from 15-30 minutes to perform and just kills the vibe, especially if clients are waiting.

This aspect has been one of the things I miss in Logic for sure…

1 Like

Is this now somehow possible in Cubase 11?

I agree with all that have been said above !
Most of the times it really kills the moment!

+1 for batch freezing!

this is very true .
but for most instruments (incl. vocals) there is an obvious solution: Zero latency monitoring through your audio interface. Unless you want heavy fx chains while recording (which is not possible with low latency anyway) you can just go through your soundcards mixer?

+1 Please Steinberg do something about it. Batch freezing is really an important thing. It’s been 4 years :frowning:

This feature so necessary. I use UAD plug-ins and often max out on the card and the only way to get around it is to freeze some of the tracks. It just takes way too long. Maybe 11.5. It is a feature I would gladly pay for.

Please please please add multiple track freeze in Cubase 11!

+1 please Steinberg!
This would save so much time!

A key command for freezing/unfreezing tracks would also be very useful.

+1 Just like the other members i came here hoping to find the solution… I’ve got a very heavy project -midi full orchestra plus synths and sound fxs- which im freezing track by track for working at the mix and master… Tons of tracks as you could imagine. This feature its a time saver.

I’m astonished this still hasn’t been addressed. Unless I’m missing something, this shouldn’t be overly complicated to implement. If “Freeze Selected Track” could even just be made a key command, then we could at least make a macro to freeze a specified number of tracks one after the other. There are certain (seemingly) strangely simple but very useful and glaringly obvious functions that Steinberg seems to avoid addressing for some reason. My friend and I refer to this list as the “Steinberg Mysteries”.

You’ve given me the ability to isolate vocals from complex audio, a tremendous feat from my perspective, yet I can’t freeze 2 tracks or control 2 parameters at once. These are the Steinberg Mysteries.

2 Likes

+1
The price for the next Cubase upgrade would be nothing compared to hardware upgrades.

+100500

+1 this would be a huge time saver

I’ve just lose 20 minutes freezing 92 tracks one by one. Pls Implement this feature :_(

2 Likes

There’s also another newer quite big thread about this request here:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/multiple-track-freeze-unfreeze/159374

In that thread, I suggested the improvement to also include either “Automatic Tail Size Detection”, or simpler an additional Fadeout-section, to the Freeze function.

The reason is to automatically avoid abrupt cut off tails (e.g. reverb). This function would be more important when freezing many tracks in one go. A quote as a summary of that suggestion (so it’s documented also in this thread):

I can see 3 different levels of ambition to the Batch Freeze function:

1. Include “Automatic Tail Size Detection” (detect tail silence automatically, option to set threshold value and fade-out length).
  2. Include “Fade-out section” that automatically applies to the tail end (option to set fade-out length).
  3. None of the above, just cut the tail at set time length (as now) (sufficient most of the time).

This functionality could be used though also for Render-in-place and for Arranger Track Events, so it’s not only for Batch Freeze.
But yes, it is more important to have the Batch Freeze at all, than to also include additional finesse.

Level 2, add a Fadeout-section, should be easy to implement and would be sufficient.

Level 1 would take a bit more time to implement. It that’s motivated or not depends on the additional development time needed for automatical level detection. Steinberg would know better of implementation time needed, of course.

1 Like