Freeze multiple tracks [Achieved]

Steinberg, Please fix this ASAP, even DP can freeze tracks together

1 Like

+1 as well. Exporting the layers doesn’t work the same way. You can still EQ and mix with frozen tracks. Tend to do this when I send to the mastering house.

+1

+100

bump

+1

I’ve run into a situation where I thought I was mixing the final project, so I started using a lot of high latency plug-ins. Latency is really high now, and I discovered we need to track some more stuff… but in order to reduce the latency, I have to freeze a huge number of tracks – I wish there was a way to freeze all channels. Then I could reduce latency drastically to finish the last bit of recording.

I would use ZLM, but some of the stuff I want to record is more soft synths… with latency so high, this is obviously a big problem.

+1

+1

Just checking in, have they fixed it in Cubase 10?

+1

and when youre at it, add an additional option: Freeze all instruments and replace the instrument tracks with audio tracks would be a great addtion to create a Cubase project I can take to a friend or the studio without thinking about whether he/they have my instruments. The project would just load without errors…

Btw… _jon:
Dont think so, I have Cubase 10 here and I still could not find a way of multi freeze, the best method is to open VSTi in the sidetab an then click row by row…

+1

Wanted to delete one bar in a recent song, had to un-freeze all freezed tracks manually. And when I finished the ‘one bar’ editing freeze all the tracks one by one again. Multiple tracks freeze and un-freeze would be a true time saver.

I guess ‘freeze all tracks in folder’ as an addition to ‘freeze marked tracks’ would also makes sence.

And an option to hide the freeze dialog box (unnecessary if ‘multiple tracks freeze / un-freeze’ got implemented).

(Upgraded from 6 to 10 and there’re great features implemented in the meantime. I love how it is handled to switch from Arrangment to Key-Editor just with [ALT] + [TAB]. Awesome.)

bump

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

Switched to Reaper for this missing feature.

+1