Freezing during VST 2.x Initialisation

Hi,

I have been using Cubase 6.5 flawlessly for some time now but, after updating my UAD plugins to 6.3.2 and realising Cubase didn’t recognise them in my plugin list, I clicked UPDATE in the Plugin Information window. Unfortunately when I did this, Cubase froze and it required a PC reset. Now, when loading, I get the freeze mentioned in my Subject Header. This might not be a UAD problem, read below…

I have tried the obvious stuff, i.e. removing the blackilst.xml file, uninstalling UAD s/ware and I’ve even removed ALL the plugins in the x86 \ Steinberg \ VSTPlugins folder. It loads fine when this folder is empty but, as soon as I add ANY of the plugins back, it freezes. I updated to 6.5.4 hoping this would help but, unfortunately, it didn’t.

Has anyone had any similar problems and, if so, what should I do to fix this? Typically this has happened when I have an important deadline so need this fixing quickly!!!

I am running 64bit Cubase on a PC running Win7 64bit. Let me know if you require any further information.

Cheers,
Peter

Fairlight? :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha. Yes, it is me :slight_smile:

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

In a nusthell, I ran CHKDSK on Windows (it took a few hours) and it just fixed everything. Thanks to “Blackout” on the UAD Forums for that tip :slight_smile:

Regards,
Peter