Frequency EQ plugin can be set using key of the song

Hi! :wink:

First, I’d like to say that in my opinion, Frequency is the best integrated EQ tool from any other DAW. No fancy GUI, clear and precise, musical note pitch relative input, etc. I Just love it.

I was wondering if you guys could implement a new feature that would be very useful for me and probably many other users that use the same EQing technique I do.

When I’m mixing, I always start by setting my EQ bands to the relative pitch of the song. Let’s a song is in E major, I’ll open up a Frequency plugin instance and I’ll set the band’s frequencies to E0, E1, E2, E3, etc. (see my image attachement). A useful feature would be to be able to simply enter the key of the song in the plugin and the EQ would automatically be set to the corresponding notes just like I mentioned above or by incrementation (C, D, E, F, G, A, B, etc) or by automatically setting the bands to the corresponding notes of the song’s key. Example : If the song is in E major, the Frequency’s bands would be set to : E, F♯, G♯, A, B, C♯, and D♯ (and their corresponding Hz frequency).

This would saves us time but also make the plugin even more efficient as tonal EQing is a big part of good mixing in my opinion.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

You could just do this once for each of the 12 notes & save those as presets.

How would this be useful?