Fretted instruments: Notation and tablature

I’m creating scores for ukulele that show tablature and notation. The 4th string on the soprano uke can be either G above middle C or the G below. I like to show both notes in the notation (the lower note in brackets), but when I try to do this with tablature showing, the tablature is confusing. Is there any way I can turn off the tablature for individual notes so that I don’t see a question mark or a note on an erroneous string/fret? I was looking for a “Hide/Show in tabs” in the contextual menu and the notation options, but can’t find anything. Thanks!

Not that I’m aware of, but you could manually change the string on tab to the corresponding one?

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work. In essence, I’m assigning two notated notes of two pitches an octave apart to the same string. I’d like for one of those notes to just not show in the tablature (see images).

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a good way to achieve this at present. We didn’t consider the requirement that you would have a note in the staff notation that should not appear in the tablature, so it’s not something that Dorico accommodates at present.

That makes sense, Daniel. The ukulele presents a bit of a challenge in that one of the strings can be tuned to either G4 or G3, and that, for most purposes, the tunings are interchangeable. I do write pieces for one tuning or the other, but 90% of the pieces I work with could be played in either tuning. In the current case, an option to select a note and in the Properties panel “exclude from tablature “ would be a perfect solution.

It’s a bit hacky, but you can make the question marks and undesired fret markers transparent by setting the Color property, and you can fix their horizontal positions by adjusting “Note Spacing → Voice column X offset”. These won’t show up in printing, as long as you print in color.
remove_fret

@JesterMusician That’s fantastic, and will work for my purposes for now. Thank you!