Fretted Instruments Questions

Hi, I understand that the notation for fretted instruments is quite limited at this point, but I have a few questions. There are some things I can´t figure out how to do.

Let’s say I have a fingerstyle guitar arrangement, and want to add fret positions above the stave. I first select a note and then “playing techniques” in the Notations toolbox. Then I pick a C (full barre´), but how do I put the actual fret position next to the barré symbol? I tried to open the properties panel (Ctrl+8) and I typed VII (7) under “Alternative text”, but the text were placed above the symbol and not next to. For example 1/2CII, CVII etc etc. Also, is it possible to draw a horizontal line (solid/dotted) as a reminder not to change position?

Another question is the use of “open ties”, where notation of sustained notes is cumbersome. Is this possible?

Thanks!

We don’t have proper support for open or l.v. ties yet, I’m afraid, and they’re a bit tricky to fake up with slurs because of course a slur won’t appear unless it has two notes to join (though you can move the whole slur horizontally in Engrave mode, I think, so it’s possible, if cumbersome, to achieve this effect).

Soon the various playing techniques you can create in Write mode will have options to allow them to show extender lines that indicate when they finish; hopefully this will make it into the first post-release update.

Soon the various playing techniques you can create in Write mode will have options to allow them to show extender lines that indicate when they
finish; hopefully this will make it into the first post-release update.

Obviously this did not make it in yet, but is there any plan to release this feature soon? I would love to put my vote in for it, and also to extend this to arbitrary text.

I’d like to be able to mark a passage as being performed Sul A, for example, and while I’m fine with all the sul XYZ markings not being defaults, I very much would like to have dotted lines with hooks to make it clear what is being modified.

Thank you so much for the great software and for how responsive you appear to be to all of us!