From 8.5 to 10 : two bugs?

Hello,

Forgive me if this has been noted before, I’ve just moved directly from 8.5 to 10.

• When opening the Mixer in the Lower Zone, there is a button in the middle to select which tracks are displayed (MIDI, audio, inputs etc). If you deselect MIDI, all the VST outputs to which these tracks are routed are hidden too. This is contrary to the main (F3) MixConsole behavior and is very annoying in my particular case. Is there something I’m missing here?

• It seems that mixer snapshots only save the bypass status on inserts which are using built-in plugins. Bypass status on UAD plugins (for example) are not recalled with the snapshot. Why is that?

Thank you.

Hi,

Do you mean the Set Channel Type Filter?

Do you mean a MIDI Channel routed to an Instrument Track? If I disable a MIDI Channels in the Channel Type Filter, only the MIDI Channels are filtered out. The Instrument Channels and the Audio Returns of the Instrument Channels remain.

Could you attach the screenshot with the same setup and the result in MixConsole window and MixConsole Lower Zone? And the screenshot of the settings, please?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I meant the Set Channel Type Filter. As I was preparing the screenshots for you, I realized what the problem was. I don’t need to see my Instrument Channel in the Project Window, only the MIDI tracks, so I had hidden them in the Visibility pane of the Inspector. This made them disappear from the Lower Zone MixConsole (even though I had only unticked “MIDI” in the filter above). If there’s a way to make the Lower Zone MixConsole follow the visiblity settings of the main F3 mixer instead of the Project Window it would solve my problem, but I don’t think that’s possible.

Hi,

No, this is not possible.