from C5.5 to the latest

Hi, I’ve been away from Cubase for a while but I think I’m ready to finally update. I’ve been using Cubasis on my ipad mini retina and would like to import projects from the pad to the laptop. I already have a dongle for C5 so am I correct in thinking I can just purchase the download option and it will add the license to my dongle and then I can just download the whole thing and I will have the full latest version?

also, is the dongle still the only option? I don’t mind the dongle but was just curious if it’s possible to go without it on a laptop while leaving the dongle plugged in on a desktop? I’m guessing the answer is no but I’m just curious.

My main question is about the download though, I’m pleasantly surprised to see a download option so I just want to make sure I can do the update from C5 to the latest by download only.

Thanks!

Yes, just purchase the download option for “Update from Cubase 4 or Cubase 5”. Enter your new activation code in the eLCC and your license should be updated to 7.5.

After that, download the full ISO images and install …

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_75.html

For the full version, yes.

thanks. I installed the original download which was 6.32GB and unzipped to 8.49GB then I applied the 7510 update, do I still have to download and install that iso image? or just the halion content?

By “original download”, which version are you referring to? Are you saying you just now made the purchase and downloaded an installer from a link provided?

I installed 7.5 from DVDs burned from the ISO files after doing a complete uninstall of 7.0 so I’m not sure I can help you there. I got rid of all traces of previous versions before installing.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I made the purchase a few hours ago and they provided a link to the steinberg shop where I downloaded a 7.5 installer, then I downloaded and installed the 7.5.10 update. So far things seem to be working and I didn’t have a previous version installed, I plugged in the dongle and activated the new license without a problem. I’m not sure if I should uninstall and reinstall from the iso.

I’m going to reinstall from the iso and then apply the update because I think I’m missing the Logical Editor presets so hopefully they will appear after a reinstall.

I don’t think it could hurt. Hopefully everything works out for you. I hate that feeling of just not being sure if everything is the way it’s supposed to be. Good luck!

Thanks. I uninstalled everything then started all over with the iso then the update. The presets didn’t come back after reinstalling everything but I found a solution on youtube, I had to copy some files around now everything is running well loving it.

Good deal!

:sunglasses: