From Score problems to license problems

Forking off from the original topic to address a new problem:

Cubase repeated the original Score issue with the original Cubase 4 folder, maybe 3 times (I was trying to narrow down the particular file, one xml at a time - I thought the creation date would give me a clue, but nogo), then, when I swapped back to the newly created Cubase 4 folder, this new issue started. Yes, the two folders were properly named, so as not to conflict with each other, and they were named as they were originally when put back in the original location…

No valid license detected for Padshop”. And the Padshop prompt window locks up, so I cannot choose Retry or Cancel. Wonderful…

I updated and ran maintenance on the eLicenser, but that didn’t fix it.

I moved the dongle to a different usb port on the laptop that I can see, and the Red LED isn’t blinking at Cubase start up, but at least I can see that its on… When I leave the eLicenser window open, I can see Cubase validating in “my Licenses”, with “Steinberg, Application - Instances:1”, so I guess that means that that Cubase sees the dongle and is trying to launch.

So for sure, it’s not a USB port, hub, or dongle problem now. I also did an uninstall (using the uninstaller)/ reinstall of the eLicenser, but that didn’t fix it either. I found the padshop folder (Library>Application support>Steinberg) that contains "subpresets> CC /startup / Zone. Does anyone have any idea which one of these could be the problem, and if simply pulling it out of the folder will fix it? Or maybe there is another folder / file that is Steinberg / Cubase, that contains the offender? I was assuming there would be a file or folder labeled Blacklist, that could just be removed, and would be rebuilt on Cubase startup.

I would much prefer to find the file that is causing the problem and fix that, instead of having to manually remove all of the eLicenser files and folders, especially since I am not sure if the problem is with the eLicenser software or with Cubase itself…

Can anyone help me track this down to the source?

Grr- now I will be spending the afternoon making horn charts by hand…

BTW, what do you mean “new user”? I began with Pro 24 on an 520 Atari. That should be “codger”, instead… :slight_smile: