frontier alphatrack

hey everybody.

i finally got myself an old alphatrack which i really like.

unfotunately i cant even get it past install :confused:

i downloaded the latest (but old) drivers from frontier and installed as
needed. the dll file shows up in the components folder but if click add controler
in cubase it wont show up in the list.

am i missing something here?

seems to work fine for other people …

suggestions anyone?

Hi,

Which Windows/Mac OS version do you use?

I would expect, the driver is 64-bit only, and I would expect, you would need to solve some compatibility issues. I would recommend to use up-to-date Steinber CC121 (which is funky customized for Cubase) instead of the very old Frontier device.

The AlphaTrack does work with both 64-bit and 32-bit Cubase 8 on Windows 7x64 and there are reports that it also works on Windows 8 and Windows 10. The OP needs to provide more information – what OS, what Cubase version, whether Cubase 32-bit or 64-bit, etc.

Throw the driver in Cubase components folder then add it as a device.

Hi I’ve just upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit with a view to get Cubase 8.5 pro shortly (still on 5 at the moment, though now running the 64 bit version). I have Cubase recognising the Alphatrack, but in device manager, I can’t set Midi in and out for the controller to Alphatrack.

I have moved the 64bit DLL file into Steinbergs Component folder as mentioned, I guess I need to move something else somewhere. Anyone got any ideas?

stu1377

Hi,

Appears from the component, you need the driver.

Download the latest AlphaTrack driver and run it in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Have you also manually installed the file 'AlphaTrackCN64.dll to ‘C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 8.5\Components’ too?
Sound like you might not have done this part… if you have then apologies!