Frustrating times with Wavelab elements 7 so far

Hi anyone

Software – Wavelabs elements 7
Optical drive –Samsung sh-S223C

Desperately need a bit of help here. Am trying to create a master with ISRC’s.

First question – does enable CD-Text have to be enabled to allow the the ISRC’s to be written to disc? I’m presuming yes?
Everytime I enable CD-Text and try to burn the burning process just hangs. My Samsung optical drive becomes unresponsive and the only way to get the optical drive to work again is to shut down my computer.

I’ve also tried this process using Nero Burning Rom 11 and the same thing happens.

However if i deselect enable CD-Text the audio CD burns fine in both Wavelabs and Nero.
I’ve tried burning at different speeds to no avail.

I’ve had a look on the Samsung website and it says that the optical drive has the following supported disc formats - Supported Disc Formats DVD-RAM, DVD+R, DVD+R dual Layer, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R dual Layer, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, CD-ROM/XA, CD-Audio, Video-CD, Photo CD, CD-I(FMV), CD-Extra, CD-TEXT, LightScribe CD-R, LightScribe DVD+R, LightScribe DVD-R

Second question – does anyone know how to generate CD report function in the CD window that will give you a nice HTML document with all the track numbers, names, start/end points, barcode, ISRC code info, etc. It appears in Wavelabs but cant find it in Wavelabs elements 7.

This is definitely not available in Elements.

Otherwise, a strange problem you have here. The fact that this happens in Nero as well, would maybe make me suspect the optical drive. I would take this up with Samsung.

Your ISRC problem is typical of a firmware bug in your CD drive.

Genius! after trawling the web found a version 7 firmware to upgrade my drive from version 6 (didn’t even know it had been released)

Now working perfectly!

Thanks all :mrgreen: