Full Score - Continuing to Next Flow on Same Page

1. I’m attaching a picture of my problem. I’d like to continue the next movement of my piece immediately following the end of the previous movement. I don’t need that whitespace. Is there a way to start the next flow on that same page?

2. Also, is there a way to remove, or at the very least, abbreviate the instrument names at the beginning of subsequent flows?

3. Is there a way to just snap the beginning of the next flow onto this flow? It might be useful to be able to work on 3 parts of a single movement as 3 separate flows, and then stitch them back together when I’m all done editing them.

Cardondelet,

1. would you like to let the next flow continue in the same system?
    Or would you like the system to be extended to the right side of the screen?
    You will find an option under Layout Options, Note Spacing ‘Justify final system in flow’
    Your screenshot does not show your page completely.

2. yes there is way down at the property panels.
    In Engrave Mode select the first note or rest of your flow, create a system break, select the system break and adjust the ‘Staff Label’ property.

3. stitching together: the procedure would be pasting the following flows to the end of the first flow.

1. The first one, I would like the subsequent flow to resume immediately after the end of the first system. I’m attaching a crude drawing of what I’m looking for.
  1. If you really want to do it, you can do it by overriding the frames on the page. It’d be very unconventional though.

Go into Engrave mode, turn on Frames, grab either right corner of the music frame and drag left. Then create another music frame to the right, making sure to set the frame chain to MA - 2.

If the length of the previous flow changes then you’ll have to do the work again.

1. You can split existing flows using Write > Split flow. For stitching them back together you’d need to copy from one and paste to the other.

edit: I was under the impression that there was a Merge Flows feature. As at today’s date (20th June 2018) there is NOT such a function.

pianoleo,
I did not know about the Merge Flow function indeed (I know you can import flows, but they will be attached as flows). Are you sure there is a function?

merging of flows already possible? - Dorico - Steinberg Forums (from January 2018)

You know what, you’re 100% right. I’ve searched the forums, and I’ve looked through the menus in both Dorico Pro 2 and Dorico 1.2 and there is NO merge or combine flow function. I’ll update my previous comment in a second, having apologised to you here - I’m sorry! I turned 30 a month ago, and obviously the early-onset dementia is kicking in :wink:

no problem pianoleo,
I am sure it is on the agenda somewhere…
…and all the best for the next 30 years (I can hardly remember when I crossed that line…)