Function "Lock multiple hitpoints" does not work since Cubase 10

Hello!
“Lock multiple hitpoints” is broken since Cubase 10. I’m now on 10.5.20 and it still does not work.

The function was working properly in previous versions (6>9).

Steinberg, please fix it in the next update! Should be an easy fix as the Cubase even displays “Lock multiple hitpoints” when you press shift+alt as described in the manual. It just does not allow you to select any.

I’m losing my mind making hitpoint for snare rolls with million hits. Even had Cubase 8 installed just for purpose at the time.

How to replicate:

• Create a new project

• Import any audio file in the project

• Open it in the sample editor (full window or in the lower zone, does not matter)

• Create hitpoints (miss this step if auto hitpoint detection is enabled in the preferences)

• Try to “Lock multiple hitpoints” via holding Alt+Shift as described in the manual.

• Text “Lock multiple hitpoints” will appear on the screen but you won’t be able to select several hitpoints at once. It just does not work since release of Cubase 10

Tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10. The problem exists on every Cubase versions from 10.0 to 10.5.20.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Could you please send a link to the manual, where do you see this “Lock multiple hitpoints” option?

Update on the problem: still does not work in Cubase 11

Unfortunately, the whole section has now gone from the manuals so I guess they know it does not work anymore.

The last mention of this function I found is in Cubase 8 manual (Page 463)

To lock multiple hitpoints, press [Shift]-[Alt]/[Option] so that the tooltip “Lock
multiple hitpoints” is shown and drag a rectangle over the hitpoints.
All enabled and disabled hitpoints within the area defined by the rectangle
become locked

But Cubase 11 STILL tells me to hold alt+shift to “Lock multiple hitpoints”
And then It does not work at all. Nothing happens when I’m trying to select several hitpoints with the mouse.

Maybe someone from Steinberg can explain what happened to this very simple function?
I used to do one mouse move to select all hits in the long snare roll and now I have to activate hitpoints one hit at a time which is very frustrating.

Here’s a screenshot of Cubase 11 suggesting me to do it

Update: Cubase version is 12.0.20

“Lock multiple hitpoints” still does not work. Can anyone confirm, please? Can’t believe I’m the only one wanting this function back. It’s a must-have for drums editing.

@Matthias_Quellmann could you please look into this? Recent fast hotfixes for Cubase 12 gave me hope. Thank you!

Let me check that with the team. Thanks for the report.

1 Like

Cubase 12.0.52 - the problem is still there. Text “Lock multiple hitpoints” will appear but you’re not able to lock any while holding shift+alt.

@Matthias_Quellmann may I ask you again to look into this please. Thank you!

We’re now in Cubase 13 and this function is finally working again! Only took like 4 years haha. Thanks Steinberg!

Mine still isnt working on Cubase 13! Are you in mac or PC. Im on Mac

I’m on Win 11.
Have yet to test the function properly but I tried it several times and everything seems to work as expected. Here’s a short video clip

Doesn’t work on my Mac! I’m so jealous haha

Sorry to hear that! False alarm about it being completely fixed in that case.

Can anyone on Mac OS and Windows please double-check and let us know if this function works for you?
Just hold alt+shift and try to activate several hitpoints at once, not one by one (check the video above)

@Martin.Jirsak could you please look into this? It should be a simple fix as this finally works as expected at least on Windows.

Hi,

No, it doesn’t work for me on Mac.

Hopefully, it will be fixed soon then.

To be honest, it’s rather sad that it took 4 years to bring this function back (which is super basic and was very simple to fix imo). Looks like someone broke a small line of code one time and then it was just ignored for years.
I would like to see many other small bugs fixed but my expectation of Steinberg at this point is so low I don’t even bother trying to write about them here.

We already have a good UI and all the stock samples and plugins possible in Cubase at this point. Nice!
Seems like a great time to focus on solid, stable performance and workflow with all the functions working as expected.
Those are now the most important things for the modern DAW, especially at this premium price.
With the current amount of bugs and (often) insane amount of time it takes to fix them, it’s just a sad picture.

Hi,

It has been reported to Steinberg already. I have found the original bug report and link this thread.

1 Like

Thank you!