"Funky Steel guitar" preset makes Halion 5.1 to crash

“Funky Steel guitar” preset makes Halion 5.1 to crash.
As standalone or as plugin in Cubase 8.
Load the preset, play a few notes, and… crash!

Confirmed!

It happens in all programs which have the layer Fret Noises.
There is something wrong with the MegaTrig.

Exactly. That’s what I reported in the Cubase issue forum:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=73985

Also confirmed see … http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=73936&p=426287#p426287

Other instruments affected include - Spanish Guitar and Real Steel Solo.
On the Spanish Guitar I find just playing a C Maj chord can be enough to cause Halion to commit suicide.


Alan.

Hello,

Could you please post your system specifications, on the Mac I cannot reproduce this.

Best regards,
GN

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium Service pack 1.
Motherboard ASUS P5QD turbo
Intel Core 2Duo E6600 2.40GHz
6 Go RAM DDR2
Geforce GTX 260
UAD2 Quad card
Steinberg UR28M (44100 hz, 1024 samples)
Edirol PCR-800 midi keyboard
Nektar Panorama P1 midi controller

Halion 5.1 64 bits
Cubase 8.05 64 bits

Does sound like a legit issue. Please submit bugs with Steinberg if you haven’t already, folks. (I had been planning on buying Halion next month!)

Can’t reproduce.

Always, H5.1x64 standalone, Win7x64:

HALion 5.exe 2.2.7 Build 106 - 26.1.2015 20:40

Timestamp is 54b8eef4 (Fri Jan 16 10:59:00 2015)
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\HALion 5\HALion 5.exe

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address: 06F6568B 01:0029468B
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Steinberg\HALion 5\HALion 5.vst3
Bytes at CS:EIP:
4a 63 44 00 08 eb 8c 48 8b 9f c0 04 00 00 48 b8
ab aa aa aa aa aa aa 2a 48 8b bf b8 04 00 00 48

Running inside Cubase 8 (Win 8.1 x64, i7, 24GB) …

Unhandled exception at 0x0000000027B4568B (HALion 5.vst3) in Cubase8.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000C5B850498.

0000000027B4563F 72 12 jb 0000000027B45653
0000000027B45641 F3 41 0F C2 54 24 24 02 cmpless xmm2,dword ptr [r12+24h]
0000000027B45649 66 41 0F 7E D3 movd r11d,xmm2
0000000027B4564E 41 F7 DB neg r11d
0000000027B45651 EB 03 jmp 0000000027B45656
0000000027B45653 45 33 DB xor r11d,r11d
0000000027B45656 45 3B DA cmp r11d,r10d
0000000027B45659 75 16 jne 0000000027B45671
0000000027B4565B FF C2 inc edx
0000000027B4565D 41 89 D3 mov r11d,edx
0000000027B45660 4D 3B DE cmp r11,r14
0000000027B45663 72 A3 jb 0000000027B45608
0000000027B45665 45 0F B6 ED movzx r13d,r13b
0000000027B45669 45 33 DB xor r11d,r11d
0000000027B4566C E9 3A F9 FF FF jmp 0000000027B44FAB
0000000027B45671 45 0F B6 ED movzx r13d,r13b
0000000027B45675 44 89 D3 mov ebx,r10d
0000000027B45678 E9 2E F9 FF FF jmp 0000000027B44FAB
0000000027B4567D 48 B8 F4 FF FF FF 0B 00 00 00 mov rax,0BFFFFFFF4h
0000000027B45687 4F 8D 04 19 lea r8,[r9+r11]
0000000027B4568B 4A 63 44 00 08 movsxd rax,dword ptr [rax+r8+8]
0000000027B45690 EB 8C jmp 0000000027B4561E
0000000027B45692 48 8B 9F C0 04 00 00 mov rbx,qword ptr [rdi+4C0h]

Call Stack …

HALion 5.vst3!0000000027b4568b() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027b443b3() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027b3fbdb() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027b32d4c() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027c0403f() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027c02d30() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027b7db1c() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027ad5e7b() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027de0a66() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027ad5285() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027c0a1ab() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027de0a66() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027c09804() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027b5d1db() Unknown
HALion 5.vst3!0000000027b5c6bc() Unknown
Cubase8.exe!0000000141a87811() Unknown
Cubase8.exe!0000000140e4879e() Unknown
Cubase8.exe!0000000141a43930() Unknown
Cubase8.exe!0000000141a3b451() Unknown
Cubase8.exe!0000000141a3b27e() Unknown

Alan

And another PC user, Win 7 64bit. Installed 5.1 update with no problems. Tested in Cubase 8 and standalone. All seems very stable & I was fiddling for 2 hours without any crashes. I’d seen the bug report on here before I installed the update. So I left trying FunkySteelGuitar till the end. Took out Cubase instantly after 4 notes.

Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: HALion 5.exe
Version de l’application: 2.2.7.106
Horodatage de l’application: 54b8eef4
Nom du module par défaut: HALion 5.vst3
Version du module par défaut: 5.1.0.58
Horodateur du module par défaut: 54b92b5e
Code de l’exception: c0000005
Décalage de l’exception: 000000000029568b
Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1: a39a
Information supplémentaire n° 2: a39ae7584d114e15efc0ec7cdaa4364c
Information supplémentaire n° 3: e239
Information supplémentaire n° 4: e239164b2827808fc2858ce80dd6761d


Me too

No problem here Im on a mac

The problem seems to be the condition - playing speed - in the MegaTrig Modul

http://youtu.be/RcUuPX93dDo

with which I agree.

Hello all,

We have confirmed the issue, this is related to the MegaTrig module, it will be fixed in the 5.1.1 update on which we are working right now.

Best regards,
GN

Thanks

I updated to 5.1.1 on Yosemite 10.10.2 now I have this problem