Future Cubasis - Performance Mode?

I use Cubasis 2 to record MIDI sequences created on my desktop with other software, and audio. I then use Cubasis on stage instead of my laptop. But choosing songs and hitting that small ‘Play’ button can sometimes get tricky. Sometimes I accidentally hit the record also, or the repeat. Since I’m not using any editing or recording tools on stage, I would love to see a future version include a Playback/Performance Mode, where more songs are visible and larger font, and Play/Stop buttons are larger. Also, when the song reaches the end it should stop automatically, resetting to the beginning of the song.

Thinking about this further, couldnt simple skins be made available for a Live Mode? Larger Start/Stop, more songs viewable at a time, a way to pre-select your next song without the danger of double-clicking it and stopping your current song, etc.

As impressive as Cubasis is for production, trying to use it in a live situation is a challenge, especially choosing among nearly 300 songs. I’m endlessly scrolling a screen that shows only 5 or 6 songs at a time.

I switched over to a tablet from my old system, Win10 laptop running WinAmp (yes!) to play my MIDI sequences, thru a MIDI interface to my keys and rack modules. I would have a full screen Windows Explorer window open of all my songs, in List view, so you could see 50+ songs at a time. I could scroll quickly with the arrow keys, hit Enter to play the song, and WinAmp stayed minimized, stopping after each song.

I tell you this because i would be happy to find a similar situation for Cubasis: an app that triggers Cubasis Projects. I’ve switched to Android Cubasis 3 so there may be fewer options. If anyone knows of any control apps please post.

Hi there,
If you drag the Projects window up you will be able to see 20 songs at a time :+1:

1 Like

Hey, thanks - that helped a lot. At least I’m scrolling fewer times, lessening my chance of hitting something in error.

Hi DC,
Glad I was able to help🙂
I’ve been using Cubasis since it was first launched and I’m still finding new things myself even now.
Mike.

1 Like

Another addition I would like to see is the system clock down on the bottom left. Its unused space, and when I’m playing a set it would be convenient to see the time, as checking your cellphone between songs isn’t a great look, and most people don’t wear watches any longer.

Hi @DCinFlorida,

Another addition I would like to see is the system clock down on the bottom left.

Please go to “Setup/User Interface” and enable “Show Status Bar”.

Best,
Lars

Thank you, Lars, but I do not seem to have that option:

Hi @DCinFlorida,

Which iOS device, iOS and Cubasis version do you use?

Best,
Lars

In post #3 I mentioned that I switched over to Android and Cubasis 3. You probably missed it.

I was using my iPad Pro 12.9 with Cubasis 2, but I found that the iPad ended up staying out in my car since I play a lot of gigs, and I was missing all of its other functionality at home. So I switched over to a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 and Cubasis 3.

Hi @DCinFlorida,

In post #3 I mentioned that I switched over to Android and Cubasis 3. You probably missed it.

Unfortunately, the option is available on iOS only (due to technical limitations).

Best,
Lars

1 Like