Future Feature Request

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t, unless it’s all monophonic material he’s wanting to analyse!

Wait you’re not saying Cubase’s offline spectrum analyzer does polyphonic note analysis are you?

wow this is hard work .forget voxengo forget variaudio , i know how they work , i know how to do it i have my own method, i`m not asking how to do it . i am just making a suggestion for a new tool that makes life a bit easier .

Now don’t be silly! It’s a spectrum analyser, it analyses a spectrum, thus will show a frequency spectrum (a range of frequencies) which you can then sweep with a handy tool for peaks and troughs and when set to note will tell you what the note is at that point. Try it, you may be surprised!!!

Ever wanted to know what note is dominant in a kik, or snare then cubase offline spectrum analyser will tell you.

You also get the benefit of being able to set the size of the time sample.

junk

Not for you then :laughing:

In Freq. log mode and full scalable window (drag it to make it big) it’s far from junk, but I suppose if it’s junk then it’s junk!

if you say so

lame arguments… no :laughing:

I gave up, the inbuilt analyser is good IMO, it’s not realtime, but there’s plenty of those about.

As for being lame… “junk” is about as lame as it comes as a counter argument!!!
Not that I was actually arguing anything in the first place! just pointing out that Cubase does have a built in analyser that can display either frequency or notes!

One of my singers gets a very strained/harsh/grating tone (not raspy) when they push loud and high. Would the spectrum analyzer show a separate peak or two above the intended note that might help to be filtered down/out?

How would I know I’m not filtering out a wanted “harmonic”? Maybe these desired “harmonics” are all very low amplitude peaks compared to the root note, but the harshness comes from a high amplitude peak?

Boy, if this is what’s happening, I will be ECSTATIC!

Thanks for any advice -

P.S. “Junk” = the new “bad” = “good” (like cool and grrrooovy!).

You could try it. use the range tool to select the audio that exhibits the harshness and have a look, no guarantees and I would expect the harshness to be composed of a lot of various frequencies and amplitudes.