FX chain presets only loads all VSTs but only some of their settings

Currently runnig Cubase 11 pro on Windows 10 (but had the same issue with Cubase 9 Artist before):

When I load an FX chain preset the corresponding inserts are loaded correctly but the settings of the individual inserts are not (or only if they are Steinberg plugins).

For instance, I am trying to create a preset for Kick drum and it loads Smack Attack [Waves], CLA 76 [Waves], Frequency [Steinberg].
Only the settings of the Frequency (EQ) are remembered but the Smack Attack and CLA 76 start with their initial settings instead of the ones that were loaded when the chain was saved.

Not sure if this is a bug or if there is something I am just missing. Any ideas? Is this expected behaviour?

Hi and welcome on the forum,

This sounds like a bug to me.

Can you reproduce it with other plug-ins too? Can you reproduce it with Steinberg’s plug-in too, please?

Thanks for the reply and the welcome Martin.

I have captured the issue on video but apparently can’t post a link here nor attach the video.

I have re-tried a few configurations, for instance below (added as Audio Inserts for a Midi Instrument):

H-Reverb and TB-EQ are Third-Party plugins
Frequency and Octaver Steinberg plugins.

Frequency and Octaver remember all their settings and preset names whereas H-Reverb displays “default” when loading the FXchain instead of “Large Hall” which was selected when saving.

Similarly the EQ movements on the TB-EQ have disappeared.

I have never seen this happen with Steinberg plugins so far and it may be possible that the settings are loaded in the Third Party plugins but not displayed properly because the sound after loading doesn’t appear to be changed (but in the case of the TB-EQ I wouldn’t know which settings were dialed in for instance).

Hi,

Interesting… Are these VST2 or VST3 plug-ins? What graphic card do you use? Do you use HiDPI screen? Isn’t it just a redraw issue? Could you try to force the plug-in to redraw (maybe move the window, or just move the mouse cursor over, or move one parameter and hope others are also redrawn – even though this wouldn’t be the best GUI-optimised plug-in then…), please?