FX Chains. VST Presets. Strip Presets. Not saving. Help

Hi

Having an issue since the latest update in reagrd to native presets.
Any presets that I tried to save will not save, however any previous presets saved will recall fine.

This affects any presets that are saved as vstpreset files.

Example 1 Set up various inserts in a channel strip or FX Chain, select save, the save GUI dialogue comes up with the option for author etc. Type in any name (tried simple to various combos), press save, the gui blinks and presents itself as the saved preset but the preset does not appear to have saved, does not show in the list or is re-callable in another project.

Example 2 Same again however any inbuilt or 2rd party plugin will appear to save the preset, so this time the name is shoing in the preset tab of the plugin, however can not locate it to recall. EG Save name PrestX. This will show in the gui as PrestX and when the project is saved and reloads all good. Press the load button and all the list of preset appear, however PrestX is not in the list so not possible to recall for another project.

All my 3rd party presets appear fine and recall in the VST3 sub-folder
C:\Users\Me\Documents\VST3 Presets

Also if anyone can help me where the location is of strip and fxchain presets it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Windows8Pro x64
Cubase 8.0.2 x64

Friendly bump and update.

It appears no matter what presets I try to save ie .fxp,.vstpreset for vst plugins effects, instruments, Cubases channel strip, eq, fx chains. They will not save recall.

Reinstalled Cubase8.0.2 to see if that solves the issue with no luck.
Previous prests are working fine.
Im normally fairly astute with settings and workings without diggin under the hood to deep. I do not recall or know what the root cause is.

I’ve installed and run as administrator.

Win 8.1Pro x64.

Really hoping someone can through me some ideas here please.

you have a corrupt “Default.XML” in your preference, go there : C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 8_64
and delete the “Default.xml” file.

FX Chain Preset & Strip Preset : C:\Users\user name\Documents\Steinberg\

Thanks for the response and detail (responded on the other forum, quality so appreciate your help).

For an update here also deleting the default.xml file resolved the issue to allowing saving the presets. Thank you.
Perfect with regards to the file locations.

Appears there’s an issue either in Cubase or Windows, not sure which. When saving the presets a restart with Cubase is required for the new presets to show in the list.

Feature request, again I may be missing something, is the ability to delete the presets within Cubase or even better right click mouse the preset in the list and open location in explorer.

Thanks for your time HomeS’. Really appreciate you taking the time.

Appears there’s an issue either in Cubase or Windows, not sure which. When saving the presets a restart with Cubase is required for the new presets to show in the list.

Feature request, again I may be missing something, is the ability to delete the presets within Cubase or even better right click mouse the preset in the list and open location in explorer.

1. Open mediabay (F5) and at the bottom left untick : “Scan folder only if mediabay is open”

2. you can do that open the mediabay right clic on preset and choose : “Open in explorer”

Voila… Mediabay is your friend…

Thanks a lot, I had the same pb with fx presets and after removed the default.xml it works fine :wink: