Galley View Spacing: Something's Gotta Give

The problem with this workaround is that every staff gets spaced further apart when in reality it’s 2-3 out of 30 staves that need extra space. This gets cumbersome when working on larger orchestral scores, especially when certain instruments like clarinets and tuba regularly use many ledger lines. Can there be an option to manually adjust the vertical spacing in galley view? I can’t imagine this would be computationally expensive. Just make sure that the manual spacing in galley view has zero impact on the page layout.

I dont have a problem with spacing now we have the option of filtering which instruments appear in Galley mode.
David

In the meantime, have you considered creating a temporary layout in page view where you can adjust the staff spacing without affecting your principal display score?

I agree that it would be ideal to make it possible to adjust the staff spacing manually in galley view, and this is something that we plan to implement in future.

1 Like

I noticed that the staff spacing of my score in Galley mode is based on the half dozen bars (out of 520 total) where I have used a second stave. This does look very odd in most of the score and constrains the maximum zoom level I can make use of.

David

1 Like

Hmm, I might give that a go