Galley View Staff Label/Guide Bar Number Size

Hi everybody,

is there a way to adjust the size of the guide bar numbers and guide staff labels in Galley View? I’m using a quite large 4k monitor and when zooming out especially the staff labels become almost unreadably small.

Thanks, Robin

Yes. Library > Paragraph Styles > Galley View Margin Labels .

2 Likes

The only place I didn’t check! Thanks @pianoleo

This changes the staff labels on the margins and works fine for that (also I like the possibility to define background color for more visibility)
I am wondering if there is a setting to adjust the guide bar numbers. Cannot find it. It would be great to be able to adjust them. Any advice? Thank you.

There does not appear to be a setting anywhere which can adjust the size of the guide bar numbers. The only way that I have found to change the size of the guide bar numbers in Galley view is to change the size of the staff (Layout Options > Page Setup > Space Size). It seems that the guide bar numbers appear at a constant size regardless of the point size of the Galley View Margin Labels. So, if you make the staff bigger, the guide bar numbers are smaller relative to the size of the staff. Conversely, if you set the staff size to something ridiculously small then the guide bar numbers are huge relative to the staff. Of course, the big disadvantage with this method is that it changes the layout.

1 Like