Gary Moore - RIP!

Really sad. I loved his playing. He never did get enough credit for his later blues work. It was too rocked up for traditionalists. But, damn that guy could flat out wail.

:open_mouth:

R.I.P.

Not that it matters, but I can’t find anywhere what he actually dies FROM.

RIP. :cry:

Played through the full “Cowboy Song” and “Boy Are Back In Town” yesterday as a tribute. May do it live soon.

It is being reported that he choked on his vomit after a night of drinking.

Eek…

Lousy way to go, unless of course he remained passed out through it, then its like death in your sleep. :open_mouth:

RIP dude.

R I P

Gary Moore was one of my all time fav guitarists.
I’ve played many of his songs in various bands over the years, including “still got the blues” about 700 times :astonished:
He really had an unique expression and his guitar sound was always fantastic.
I remember an old interview where George Lynch said he was not worthy when it came to guitar sound.
He had tried evedry possible setup in the studio while recording “under lock and key” to get something close to G M’s big, beefy and juicy overdrive sound but he felt he never nailed it.
That is BIG words coming from another BIG guitarist.

A sad day for music indeed.

Kim :cry:

I always enjoyed playing along to the changes in “Boys Are Back” – and then the arppegiated part – very cool :sunglasses:

Looks like a Heart Attack, looking at the state of him, not too surprising!

Great player, an original.

Meaning what exactly?

He’s pulling a guitar-face, we all do it! :slight_smile: Apparently Gary was a pretty fit guy, maybe slightly overweight, but that counts for probably 80% of us middle aged blokes! From that picture I wouldn’t say he looks obese or anything. His girlfriend is in her 30s I think, so that would’ve kept him pretty trim!

Anyways, I’m still shocked by his death - great guitarist. Last saw him play live at the Fender Strat Pack concert in Wembley Arena where he ripped all the other guitarists to shreds! :sunglasses: