general midi program change

I think so.

Make playing techniques in the Write mode. Set them up to display whatever text and/or symbol(s) you like.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+make+a+playing+technique+in+dorico+2&docid=608038188939872721&mid=E74D27060C1E87E7A63DE74D27060C1E87E7A63D&view=detail&FORM=VIREHT

Define your stave end points to use the expression maps.

Make playing techniques in the Play mode/Expression maps, and connect them to the techniques you made above while in write mode.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+make+a+playing+technique+in+dorico+2&&view=detail&mid=60824FCC0EA4551E033360824FCC0EA4551E0333&rvsmid=E74D27060C1E87E7A63DE74D27060C1E87E7A63D&FORM=VDRVRV

From then on, you should be able to drop them into your score as needed, and they should be able to send program changes to the instrument(s) as well.

Thanks Brian! That’s very helpful!

Oh, I actually have Dorico Elements 2, so I can’t do any of this, but I guess I can just put text in the score. But I’ll probably just write it in by hand on the printout. That will be much easier.

If you write out what exactly you need for playing techniques and attach a “template” project, I’m sure one of the Dorico Pro users here would be happy to add those PT for you.

Hello to all,

How is the status regarding the Midi CC/Program Change?

I’m answering to this topic, instead of opening a new one, because I think it is somehow related and a pending request -

I’m wondering, whether it is possible, to connect Instrument Changes with Program Changes - so as if I’m using a VST as Pianoteq and I want the player to change the sounds I could have a Piano and a Rhoades added as instruments and changing from one to another automatically changes the Preset of the VST.

So far I’m using several instances of the same VST, but that get’s pretty overwhelming with many players using different instruments.

Also this would relate to FX-PlugIns and different settings/presets.

Brian_Roland did post a solution with playing techniques, but I do have the feeling, that using an instrument change combined with PC would work as a valid communication in the score, as well as controling the Playback while scoring in a neat way.

All the Best,
Arne

I don’t think you can easily achieve this with program changes, no, at least not on its own. You could assign all of the instruments to the same endpoint (i.e. the same channel on the same plug-in), but the instrument change itself won’t cause the sound to change. However, you could define a playback technique that is defined in your expression map to perform the necessary program change, and then use a hidden playing technique in the score to trigger that playback technique and hence the program change.