ve been looking for that myself, and ended up writing down some interesting options on a sheet of paper, who knows, where it is at the moment...As I am using it since SX 3, fortunately I dont need the manual anymore for this…
You can assign a MIDI note sent from your VDrum pad to the startstop transport function. I`ve done that with a regular MIDI keyboard, should be the same.
- Connect you VDrum as MIDI IN in your Generic Remote setup.
- Select Fader 1 for example, activate LEARN and hit the desired pad.
- Cubase now should recognize the MIDI note, if not, add a MIDI track temporarily to your project and try again…
- In the lower window you can assign the function to FADER 1, in our case the MIDI note you played.
- In the DEVICE column select -> COMMAND,
- In CHANNEL/CATEGORY select -> TRANSPORT
- In VALUE/ACTION select -> STARTSTOP, then APPLY. Ready.
Now you can start and stop your project by hitting the same pad.
In the FLAGS column you can choose the behaviour of a button for example, push on and push off for example (Toggle) or activated when pushed.
Hope this clears it up a little. Good luck.