German version: Key commands

The custom ones are the ones in your ~/Library
The others are the default ones.

Have you ever saved a custom key command in the preferences dialog? If so a json file should have been created in the same folder where you find your custom preferences and Engraving Options and so on (I’m not on Mac, but trust Marc, dunno if he’s ever been wrong here on the forum :slight_smile:) If not then there’s probably no such file yet. Just save a custom key command then, you can delete it after copying and pasting the durations section into the new file.

Found! It is in ~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 2/. I had reset all my keycommands, to recreate them in the keycommands file inside the Dorico app folder. I’ll try to edit my keycommands in that file.

Paolo

Ok, I tried to edit the .json file in the Library folder. But I had forgotten that this thread started because of a bug making the changes (all or some) contained in that file are not considered.

So, until a fix is released, the only solution is to edit the file inside the Dorico app.

Paolo

I am having problems with some custom shortcuts. I don’t know if this is related to the previous problems, but I post it here in case it helps to refine the improvement in this field.
I have defined a shortcut to filter rests to Crtl+Shift+Alt+R. It seems to work just afeter definition, but after some time, it stops to work… I don’t know if it is related to my keyboard language (Spanish/Catalan). Dorico is running in English.
Thanks in advanced for helping!

Xavier, your problems won’t be to do with the post you’ve quoted - those problems were fixed in Dorico 2.1.

Regardless of what language you run Dorico in, are you consistently running your keyboard as Spanish/Catalan?

I didn’t see that I could shoose keyboard in Shorcuts menu… I had Default selected, and I suppose this was the problem. Now I have set Spanish… let’s see if it works properly now. Thank you very much pianoleo!

No, that’s still nothing to do with this. I’m asking if your keyboard language (your computer’s keyboard language) is consistently set to one layout, or if you occasionally change layout.

Well, it changes occasionally from one language to another (I have three), but I have tried to define the shortcuts in Dorico in one keyboard and keep it always the same. At first I though it was related to this random changes, but after trying to be “consistent”, it gave the same problem…

If you define with your operating system’s keyboard language set to Spanish/Catalan, then as long as you keep your keyboard layout as Spanish/Catalan, the shortcut should continue working. If you change your operating system’s keyboard layout to something other than Spanish/Catalan, then there’s no guarantee that your Dorico shortcut will keep working. If you then return your operating system’s keyboard layout to Spanish/Catalan, your Dorico shortcut should work again.

That’s what I though when I tried to be “consistent”, but I am afraid that the problem persisted… I will give it a new try, and If it does not work properly I will post again.
Thanks!

After some days I have had the same problem. Though I have defined a shortcut in “Spanish” set of shortcuts (while using Spanish keyboard), and I have kept always the same (Spanish) keyboard selection in the computer, after some time the shortcut does not work… I don’t know why or if I am doing something wrong…

What’s the shortcut you’ve defined that’s stopped working?

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R → “Filter rests”

Just to rule this out: you’re trying to use it in Write mode, right?

Ups, you make me doubt… Maybe this was the problem… It is working now again (in Write mode). If it stops again (in Write mode, of course) I will post. Thanks!

(For the sake of clarity: Filters don’t work in Engrave mode)

Thanks, it’s good to remind this :slight_smile:

pianoleo, it has stopped again… Definitely it does not work in Write mode…

After some minutes of working, it works again… I don’t know what makes it change… I have checked computer language, and always is in Spanish… It’s really strange.