Getting a sure crash every time I do this (to do with DOP)

Offline processing > Add plugin > Dialog pops up asking if I want to create a ‘New Version’ > as soon as I click New Version I’m toast…crash every time

The plugin in this case is elastiquepitchV2. Have not tried with other plugins. If anyone has this can they test this on their end?

Hi,

Could you attach the crash/dmp file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

1 Like

Cubase 12-2023-09-01-151422.ips (166.8 KB)
Cubase 12-2023-09-01-210920.ips (162.3 KB)
Cubase 12-2023-09-01-213050.ips (159.5 KB)

3 files attached, all happened the same way – crash after ‘New Version’ dialog option was selected in DOP

Hi,

All the crashes are in the ElastiquePitchV2.

To me, it sounds like something got wrong in the ElastiquePitch component in Cubase and it crashed. But if you try to open the Offline Process again, it offers the last opened plug-in. So it opens the PitchShift or TimeStretch or any other plug-in, you were using before, which crashes again.

I would try to call the Direct Offline Process window another way. For example, try to apply Normalize. Open Audio > Processes > Normalize. The Direct Offline Process window should open with the Normalize plug-in. Now you can exchange it with another plug-in. Hopefully it will not crash anymore.

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Thanks. I just tried:

Normalize process – no problem
Saved to ‘New Version’
then I added ElastiquepitchV2 again (after new version was created) – Crash again.

My conclusion, elasiquepitchV2 is not for use with DOP. It won’t agree with it.

Hi,

As I mentioned, I can see the crash in the ElastiquepitchV2. I was thinking, you are using any internal Cubase plug-in/process, which is using the Elastique algorithm. But now I understand, you use directly the ElastiquepitchV2 plug-in. So, the plug-in is really crashing.

Please, get in contact with the plug-in vendor.

1 Like

still can’t work out those other recurring crashes I’m getting (regarding after opening midi logical editor)

Thanks buddy.