getting metadata to show non-english characters

Thanks for checking it PG. I finally found the original german thread that I apparently had contributed to (short memory).

Chrome and new Edge and probably other browsers will offer to translate it:

(sorry can’t make a webpage translate link at google translate anymore).

Anyway, I had tried making test files with Goldwave and dbpoweramp (and Foobar and Audacity, which didn’t work as well - they just translated the characters to ascii (?), but at least you didn’t get garbage in the OS) and Goldwave and dbpoweramp did very well. If I open the files in a hex editor (which is the only way I know how to look at this) Goldwave and dbpoweramp are doing it in a way they have in common, which is different from Wavelab. If that’s worth checking to see the difference.

Also, doesn’t Cubase do riff list info in wav, and if so, I wonder how it does with this? I dont have Cubase to try, but I did try Reaper which apparently added riff INFO for wav recently and in fairness to Wavelab, it does just as badly as Wavelab. Garbage characters in the OS.

But if Wavelab could be made to do accents in the OS as well as Goldwave or dbpoweramp, it would be a benefit to Wavelab.