Getting unwanted reverb during monitoring and playback

Okay, I’ve been doing some recording for the past few days and all of a sudden, I’m getting reverb when I use direct monitoring through a Steinberg UR824. I’m also getting reverb during playback (when I have direct monitoring turned off). I don’t recall turning on any kind of reverb effect anywhere, it just randomly started doing it today, and this is the first time I’ve noticed it, after two days of recording. The only thing I did before I noticed the reverb is that I added some new tracks to my current project. However, I’m noticing this with other projects as well. If I turn off the UR824 and switch the driver to the default Low Latency ASIO driver and just plug headphones directly into my computer’s headphone jack, I don’t get any reverb during playback.

Anyone have a clue what’s going on?

Sounds like your ur 824s internal reverb is on…

Do you know how to turn it off?

No, but certainly the manual you got with it does

how do you turn it off?

I had that problem about a year ago - then I fixed it - then I forgot about it. I’m in a rush right now, about to head off to band practice to make a recording- I needed to work some stuff out using Cubase- THEN THAT DAMN REVERB CAME BACK!

I have absolutely no memory of how I fixed the last time. I’m sure, given a couple of hours to a day I can remove the reverb - but I don’t have time.

I want a DAW with zero reverb - EVER. I’m so sick of this randomly popping up exactly when I have no time to troubleshoot. Triple FUDGE :angry:

open dsp mixer window, turn send to zero, save and store