Getting ur22c up and running a trial

Hi Folks,
I recently bought a ur22c after tossing up between this and a Focusrite Scarlett 212.
Even though the Focusrite is the most popular interface I was swayed by getting Cubase AI with the Steinberg interface.
Unfortunately downloading and installing the software is a nightmare as far as I am concerned. After many hours and having to delete apps on my computer to free up space as my SSD is not that big in capacity. I had to download Cubase 10.5 onto my external hard drive as I didn’t have enough hard drive space. Many comments on Amazon said installation was a nightmare as well. (Maybe Steinberg could have proper concise instructions or a complete compressed installation package to download all software)
I got Cubase up and running by watching YouTube videos (not Steinberg ones) as their own videos are not a lot of help.
One thing that would be nice if the interface had a button to turn Direct Monitoring on and off like lots of others do. I spent ages trying to work out why I couldn’t hear the Cubase effects until I saw the answer on this forum! :+1::+1::+1:
I finally recorded a short track with two electric guitar tracks panned left and right, bass track, lead guitar and drums and mixed it down to an MP3.
I still have a lot to learn about all the intricacies of Cubase and I find it’s not as intuitive to use as my previous DAW.
The Cubase help is rather thin on “how to do” information as well.
I am sure given time I will master it. Blessings to all you Steinberg/ Cubase users. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Hi and welcome,

Congrats to your first record in Cubase.

I would recommend to watch Steinberg Cubase Quick Start Video Tutorials.

Be aware, some menu entries has been renamed since Cubase 10:

• Devices = Studio
  • Device Setup = Studio Setup
  • VST Connections = Audio Connections

Thanks for the reply.
It would be nice if Cubase had some “up to date “How To” videos that cater for the novice user.
The “Help” data base needs to be clearer in a lot of instances as the information can be vague and confusing to a novice.
I can see there is some amazing things Cubase can do but one has to start by scratch and learn by doing to fully understand and learn how to get the best out of it.
As I already mentioned maybe future updated Steinberg interfaces could have a direct monitoring button designed as part of the circuitry. Even my inexpensive Behringer has this feature!
Thanks for your time! :grinning::grinning::grinning: