Getting values from Cubase displayed on midi-remote device display

Dear Forum members,

I am building a hardware „channel strip“ midi controller based on either the arduino or MIDIbox platform to be able to control plugins like „SSL E“ or „Console 1“.

I would love to use some (SSD 1306 based) OLED displays to show the plugin´s parameter names and values which are controlled. So for example I have a rotary encoder assigned to the LoFreq pot of an SSL eq (I do this using the midi remote: selected track/Insert&strip fx/inserts viewer/parameter, then do rest of the mapping in the remote control editor).

Now how do I make Cubase send that information to the according display and what else has to be considered within this communication?

Is there an example script for this use case, and if not, could you push me into the right direction to get this solved?

For better understanding this is a quick example sketch in lemur of how this part of the controller will look like:

I really appreciate your help, especially because I am toying around since weeks to get a solution.
So thanks in advance, Emre

Hi Emre,
any luck yet?
I have a Faderfox EC4 and I am looking to get the parameter names displayed on its display.

Cheers,
Andy

Hi,

The example realWorldDevice.js provided by steinberg can give you a good understanding of how the MIDI remote API can send text data to a controller using callback functions and sysex streams.

@Emre_Akca I’m sorry i didn’t see you post earlier, i’ve built my own console using the MIDI box project so i’d be glad to help you with yours. I’m sometime visiting the midibox forum and less often the discord channel.

Oh, and you should consider ditching lemur, it has now reached eol and is no more developped. The new(er) touchOSC can be a nice replacement.

Bests,

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. I will give it a try.

Cheers,
Andy

Hi,
is there aynone who could help me with the Faderfox ec4?
I use the 16 push encoder only for the Remote control editor and 2 of the push functions to forward/backward through the remote control editor pages.
Each of the 16 push encoder has a 4 digit display and I would like it to show the parameter name of the controller.
Everything works fine except for the display.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Andy