Hi all. I am using an EastWest Stormdrum2 instance in the VST rack. Everything is working great except I can’t seem to make it read the automation track for the Release parameter on one of the instruments. What’s interesting is that I was able to click “W” and write the information as I dialed the onscreen knob to where I wanted it at different points in the track. I know the write was successful because I can actually see its values changing as it goes over the automation curves when I check out the automation track. So the write seems good to go, but it doesn’t read it even when I click “R” for both the track in the lane inspector as well as the “R” at the top of the Stormdrum’s screen, press play and nothing changes.
So the summary is:
- I can see the automation was written in the associated automation lane for this instrument
- I have read enable for both the track and the instrument itself
- I can see the value change in the automation lane as the track plays
- The associated knob in the VST instrument’s window does not move
- I do not hear any changes to that parameter either
I read several threads and double checked the manual about automation, but I haven’t found anything about this, so I am guessing I am doing something wrong even having done all the things above. I can’t imagine what it is, so could use some help.