Getting VST Instrument to Read Parameter Automation

I am not sure which CC the mod wheel does (the right-most of the two in Halion Sonic SE), but I do know that whenever I open a session with Halion Symphonic Orchestra that I have to go move that wheel up before doing anything else so I can hear the instruments better. Based on a few posts I read, I have tried manually editing CC7 and CC11 to go to a higher value before the associated MIDI parts start and can see the curves once I draw them in, but they don’t get read either. So I have to manually adjust the wheel.

I will check the wheel to see what controller it is supposed to influence. I will also try again my experiment with manually adjust CC1, CC7 and CC11 since those seem to be the controllers that would influence HSO. Here is one of the articles I read along the way that makes me think this is the case: HALion Symphonic Orchestra volume issue... - #2 by roel (See Brian Roland’s post, that was really helpful).

I will try the manual changes, but am also up for better understanding what CC the right-most mod wheel of the Halion Sonic SE influences (inside red circle of the image below):