"Ghost" flickering image while using external display

Hi, I reported previously some minor issues with the resolution of Dorico, while using external display. It seems that it changed to a scale problem (since Dorico 5).
I send here a screenshot to show it.
A bigger problem also linked with the use of external display happened to me 3 or 4 times since almost 1 year of use.
I thought it was a problem from the Display (BenQ PD2705U with Mac M1) but now I understand that the problem is in combination with/due to Dorico, because I never experienced that with other software.
Here is the description :
I get something that looks like a screenshot of Dorico “frozen” flickering/fighting with what’s on the screen. The “ghost flickering screenshot” stays even when I quit Dorico (that’s why I was not suspecting Dorico initially, but I never experienced this problem with another software…). It can stay several days, fades out and comeback erratically.
Is there an explanation and a way to get rid of this behaviour ?

Which Mac, and how is the display connected? There are some curiosities when using Dorico on Macs with a second external display; but I think they are problems in the Qt framework, and thus out of the hand of the Dorico developers.

MacBook Pro 16" 16go with thunderbolt connection. I never experienced something like this with other softwares. What is a bit weird also is that it seems to occur more often (and specially with Dorico 5 that I’m just trying since one week…)

(usb-c to be more precise…)

Update since last post:
The problem is now very recurrent, maybe after installing the version 5 (It happened also with version 4 but not so often).
Now, after around one hour of usage, systematically, the flickering starts and stays for a long time, even after quitting Dorico (the flickering is very disturbing and stays on the screen).
Does anybody experienced that with other external screen ?

I’m really not sure what could account for a “ghost image” of Dorico remaining on your display after the application has been quit. Can you contact the support team for your external display manufacturer and see if they have any ideas?

My iMac, which is over 9 years old (but still going strong) and has had a lot of use, suffers from screen burn-in. Even though burn-in was supposedly a problem which only affected CRT monitors, some LED displays do exhibit symptoms after a while. In my case, it is mostly round the edges of the screen where a faint, but noticeable, ghost image persists. I have not noticed any particular software causing this problem more than any other.

In the same way that our hearing can, in effect, filter out some unwanted background noise and “home in” on what we want to hear, I have learnt to do the same (in a visual sense) and simply ignore it.

Using an app for testing LED screens, in which you can display a full screen of one colour at a time, I discovered that the blue pixels/LED elements are affected quite noticeably but the other colours are not.

Because I do not have the same ghosting problem with my external display, my conclusion is that it is a hardware issue. Burn-in is more likely to occur when the image has not moved for a while and is much easier to detect if the displayed image has high contrast (eg black on white).

In fact, in a first time, it looked like a screen issue, but it never happened without launching Dorico. Now, it is more systematic and obvious, because it happens every time I use Dorico after few minutes… Nevertheless, the problem is maybe a combination between Dorico and the display specificity (maybe the KVM switch ? This means, that I can switch on the same display different sources and share the same usb keyboards, mouse, etc). That being said, I never noticed some weird screen behaviour besides this flickering. I’ll contact the support team from BenQ to check if they have other reports like this one with other softwares and I’ll let you know.