gliss lines

I’m loving Dorico and trying to use it for most of my compositions. I’m so looking forward to cue notes as that will be a game changer. Two gliss related questions.

Gliss lines: is there a way I can force off the text for gliss lines (rather than turn it off individually for each gliss)?

Is there a way to shorten gliss lines and/or change their direction? I can’t seem to manipulate them in engrave mode and having a shorter line is important so that it doesn’t look like you should gliss for the entire duration of the preceding note. Sometimes I want to have an “up gliss” to a note even if the preceding note is higher.

Finally, and this is a big one for me: I’d like to be able to put a gliss line before or after a note without an adjacent note. (This goes for open ended ties too to imply (let ring).

I have a similar question about adjusting position of gliss line and the use of arpeggio lines (a bracket) to indicate a double stop on a chord.
I found that you can adjust the symbol vertically in Engrave mode, but I want to use 2 brackets to show that the chord is to be played as a double stop (two top notes together and 2 bottom notes together) as a divided chord.

How do you change the direction of the symbol?

Yes, have a look in Engraving Options.

Is there a way to shorten gliss lines and/or change their direction? I can’t seem to manipulate them in engrave mode and having a shorter line is important so that it doesn’t look like you should gliss for the entire duration of the preceding note. Sometimes I want to have an “up gliss” to a note even if the preceding note is higher.

Finally, and this is a big one for me: I’d like to be able to put a gliss line before or after a note without an adjacent note. (This goes for open ended ties too to imply (let ring).

I think these kinds of things might come out of future work on jazz articulations. A gliss line is often used to indicate a fall, or a rip. Jazz articulations in the list of hoped for improvements in 1.x - see the bottom of https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/dorico/what_is_dorico.html

For now, you could create some extra horizontal space using the note spacing tools in Engrave Mode, then add a Shift-X symbol from https://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/tables/brass-techniques.html