Glitch When selecting Events In Key Editor

Hi, I’m having issues when selecting events in the Key Editor. As I’m moving through the events with the arrow keys, It seems to jump over the events that are overlapping (Legato) but when moving backwards with the left arrow they are selected. The issue is only with overlapping notes.

Check the Video:

Hi,

I cannot reproduce it here on my side.

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

Hi Martin,

I’m on Windows 11

Also to add, pressing shift and the left arrow to select events to the left of a selected event does not work.

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start More or even to rename/remove the Cubase preferences folder, please?

I’m sorry i prefer not to tamper with my system or Cubase preference files. If you need some information about the issue and i can get some log files thats okay.

Hi,

If you rename the preferences folder, you can put it back anytime just renaming it back.

Or we can do it the other way around, of you are willing to send me your preferences folder ZIPped, I could try with your preferences on my site.

Yes but won’t i lose my current preferences?

Hi,

If you rename the folder and start Cubase, you get the factory settings. This is the point to test it with the factory settings.

Then you quit Cubase, delete the new preferences folder and rename the original back. Then you start Cubase and you get your original preferences back.

If you ZIP the folder, the source remains, so you still have your preferences available untouched.

Okay, Thanks @Martin.Jirsak

Where can i find the preferences folder?

Hi,

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% \Steinberg\Cubase X_64

1 Like

Okay so which folder are we working with?

Hi,

The whole Cubase 13_64 folder.

Cubase 13_64.zip (2.9 MB)
Hello @Martin.Jirsak, I have tried your method of changing the name of the Preference folder and launched Cubase normally and i didn’t face any issues from what i could see. So I’m sending you a zip file of the Folder. Thanks for your support.