Glitches in Cubase LE5

Hello everybody,

I have purchased Cubase LE5 almost 2 years ago, but I haven’t used it properly until now, here is the problems I am having, please if anyone knows anything about these issues to share it with me, that would be much appreciated, I have read through all the manuals, of LE’s and even of the full versions, couldn’t find any hints to my problem. :unamused:

First of all let me start by telling you what I am using etc.

I use a Zoom R16 to record all my tracks including vocals
I have a PC Win 7 Ultimate with 8GB of Ram, 3.2GHz processor.

At the moment I am working on a song, with 8 or 9 tracks.

1. Drums
  2. Bass
  3. Lead guitar Solo (Rhythm With Distortion)
  4. Piano
  5. Acoustic guitar in licking
  6. Keyboard
  7. Extras bit for the drums
  8. Lead vocal
  9. Backing (vocal)

So bear in mind that on some of these tracks I do add some effects which are required, however this is where I have a real problem.

If I add effects to the “Instruments” tracks, it seem to be working flawlessly or occasionally I get a very tiny glitch.
But if I run the Vocal track even if I do so on it’s own the problem start but when I remove the “Reverb” it becomes normal again.
I have tried everything no luck, the minute I use the vocal with some reverb I get real problems.

Any suggestions please, any ideas on how to solve this problem, I am not sure that it is a windows issue, because I know that some people used more than I have with less powerful machines and they didn’t get glitches or cut outs.

Thank you all
P.S please don’t reply with things such as “Upgrade to Cubase 6 or whatever…” :smiley: Thank you all

If your ASIO meter is going into the RED then maybe try to raise the ASIO buffer size.