Glittering Stone

Hi all,
I would appreciate any feedback on my new song here…
Glittering Stone
It is a “story” with several different parts. It is 8 minutes long so if you don’t care to listen through, what I am most interested in are your comments on are the spoken vocals at 0:49, 3:05, and 6:40. Does it sound like part of the song or like an overdub? If the latter, any tips for how to blend it a little better in the mix? Also, curious about comments on the sibilance (i.e. “s” and “t” sounds). I have the DeEsser on full reduction but it still seems like a lot of sibilance to me. I am using a condenser microphone in my spare bedroom. Perhaps speaking further from the microphone, some EQ, or something could help that I am not aware of (I am definitely unexperienced at recording acoustically).
Anyway, I welcome your comments.
Sincerely,
J.L.

Nice song!
The vocal parts you asked about, to me, seem to be “in-front” of everything (that’s the only way I know how to say that). Maybe some reverb and something else could blend it in better.

Good work, I reckon (like drebin ) the vocal needs a bit more reverb to take it back in the mix a little more, I also think your main melody instrument is a bit too far forward and a little cheap sounding compared to the rest of the track, Kevin

Wonderful epic piece. I have never even tried to record vocals, so wouldn’t know what to advise. However, “in front” seems to be a good description. Nice work, JL.

i just posted a song with spoken words and i with i could offer you words of wisdom but i think you done a better job than me, it is more difficult to get spoken words sounding good than singing, dont know why.

the song in general though sounds really good, felt like you were leading me into an episode of game of thrones or somthing

Thanks for listening and the nice words. I guess it is confirmed that the vocal is (as I suspected) too far in front and I will work on pushing it a little further back.
Sincerely,
J.L.

I’m going to assume you’ve listened to The Necromancer by Rush (Caress of Steel)? If not, you should.
Nice production though, good job.