Global loudness analysis and peak detection after master section

Hi, new here. I’m trying the WaveLab Elements 9.5 demo. I use it for basic mastering of pre-mixed recordings, and I’m not sure if it’s possible to run a Global Analysis (for loudness measurements and clip detection) on the output after the master section, after all the VST chain of eq, compression, etc. Do I need to render it on a new file to do it? Or I can do an analysis on the fly? Thanks.

Are you talking about working in a montage or in the audio editor?

I don’t know Elements very well but I think either way, you pretty much have to render the file first and then analyze it offline.

I had to use Studio One to teach a mastering class last year and the only thing I liked about it was that you could press a button to analyze the loudness of a song/track and it would offline calculate the loudness of a song/track for you without having to render a new file, and it would show you the loudness both before and after all FX.

Single file audio editor.

See my previous post too but…

I don’t know Elements very well and it appears to have pretty limited analysis features compared to WaveLab Pro so while I could be wrong, it appears you have to render the file and then analyze it.