Creating a Global Part and then adding a layer E.g. from external midi keyboard-> vst-plugin (Halion). to the global part. When I send a PC from the external keyboard it doesn’t reach the vst-plugin. When doing the same within a Song-Part the PC is passed to the VST plugin and selects the correct program.
… we’ll analyse it. Thank you for reporting,
… here we go. It works for me and here are my steps to test it.
- Start VL, New Project
- “Menu / Part / Create Global Part” and select it
- Load “HAlion Sonic” as Layer Instrument
- Open “HALion Sonic” editor and change Program Change to “GM Mode” . Trash all default loaded GM programs in all slots
- Select External Keyboard as Layer MIDI Input
- Send Program Change from External Keyboard
HS will change the program on Slot 1.
What are you doing?
There is no difference between global and non-global Layers in processing incoming MIDI at all.
- Global Layer, input VM In 3, output VM Out 4
- Part Layer output to VM Out 3
- MIDI Monitor input VM In 4
- in Layer view, enable “Global” to see both Global and Part Layer
- set PGM CHG in Part Layer, you will see the processed MIDI data
Part Layer out to VM 3 → Global Layer In VM3 → out VM4 → MIDI Monitor
SOrry, not been on for a while. Let me chack out your suggestion. I was pretty sure this is what I was doing. I will retry and report back …/Steve