Glue tracks together in Dolby Atmos Mix

I’m new to Dolby Atmos mixing in Cubase Pro 13 and I was searching for how to glue a Dolby Atmos mix together. I came across a video (link below) which I think shows a great way to do this, however, it is demonstrated using ProTools. I’m trying to figure out how this might translate to Cubase. The key aspect of what he is doing that I can’t quite figure out how to do in Cubase is he put a Compressor and EQ on the tracks to which he wanted to glue together. Each of those tracks send to a single bus. Each of the Compressors and EQs are then side-chained to that bus. In Cubase, the bus would be a Group track, however, in Cubase a signal can’t route back to itself. So, if I send to the Mix Bus from TrackA, I can’t then use that Mix Bus as a side-chain source on a Compressor or EQ on TrackA because a signal sent to the Mix Bus originated from TrackA. I hope this is making sense. Anyone have any ideas for how to do this in Cubase?

Tips & Tricks: Stereo Compression and Dolby Atmos

Hi - just seeing this topic… Interesting video at the link.

Sorry, I’ve no answers for you myself; are you on C13 yet…? Did you find/get a useful solution in the end @jmgotsoul .?

Also, what about that ‘linking attributes’ trick he uses in the video, inside PT… looks very useful. Can’t see a way of how to do that in Cubase…

Yes I’ve been on C13 Pro for awhile now. I did figure out a way to translate the concept to Cubase, however, it’s very intensive on the CPU and I’ve gone away from using it. For tracks that are not objects it’s fairly straightforward but for objects I still don’t have what I feel is a good solution. I would be happy to post a video of the solution I’m referring to if you would like to see it.

The linking attributes ability in Cubase is not deep enough. You can create a VCA that allows you to link Inserts but not specific inserts. Again I have a solution that I’ve used now that works but because it’s fairly CPU intensive I no longer use it. Just let me know if you would to see what I am talking about and I will make a video.

Hi @jmgotsoul - ok good to hear you had made progress…

Always a concern reading about CPU overheads. Though its all relative - for me and my aging system, this is probably a no-go anyway…

And yes, thanks. A video would be informative to see what you’ve achieved… but really, only if and when you have the time/can be bothered. It is of no urgency for me personally - I’m a curious onlooker in this area of production…