glued parts 'crackle' ???

I recorded a guitar lead, then recorded a 2nd guitar harmony track for a couple of bars. I didn’t quite time the endings, so I cut the ‘too long’ audio and faded it out to match the initial lead track.

Now I hear a distinct ‘crack’ or ‘tick’ when passing the cut/glued section of the harmony track. It compounds in annoyance because I have a delay on the track that echos the ‘tick’!

Has anyone else come across this, or am I missing something with the cut/glue process?

Try the “close gaps (crossfade)” function from the audio menu (mark the parts before).

Or/and activate the ‘Snap to Zero Crossings’ button in the taskbar.

Mauri.

Thanks for the tips - I’ll give it a good look shortly.

For now, it’s just been easier laying down another 8 bars of guitar-solo-intro thingo! More guitar practice needed I think.

I’m determined to nail the lick in one take & not have to rely on cut/paste/glue, but it still is a very handy thing to know how to do!

That’s OK so long as you’re only recording yourself, but if you start recording others (esp. vocals), they will quickly lose confidence in you if you don’t get a handle on this. :wink:

Use shortcut key X to create crossfades. Select a single part and it’ll crossfade with parts at both ends. Select two parts and they’ll crossfade at their join.

Or turn AutoCrossfades on. This automatically plays a fade or crossfades at part boundaries. This is what I use all the time because it gets rid of 99.9% of clicks without having to think about them.

Mike.