Going for Elements?

I own a copy of Cubase 8 Pro in my studio, but need a second version on my laptop.
I don’t want to use a dongle and do not need all functions of the Pro, so I was thinking of going for Cubase Elements.

There is just two things I need to know before buying:

1. Is Elements 64-bit so I can use it with my 64-bit plugins?
  2. Is it possible to chose midi input channel for each miditrack as in 8 Pro?
    This is the most important feature I need on the laptop as I am going to record miditracks from patterns
    in NI Maschine (VST). In Ableton thos is not possible. Therefore I am looking at Elements as I alfeady know Cubase.

Thank you!

Hi,

1. Yes, same as Pro.
  2. Yes, same as Pro.

You can download Cubase Elements Trial, and try it for 30 days for free. Then, you will see, if you will get all you need from the Elements version.

Thank you for the answer!

Downloaded the demo and found out that the input transformer on miditracks is not there.
Seems like it is what I need to do it work correctly. I will try it in the studio before looking at another solution.
I think it is a bit expensive going for Artist just for the Input Transformer.

With artist I also need a dongle. I really do not like dongles!

Hi,

I see, I didn’t know, you mean Input Transformer. I thought, you want to choose All MIDI Inputs or the dedicated Input.

What’s wrong with dongl? I like it. I can install my Cubase on a multiple computers, and move just the licence with me.

I do not like carry it around because I can lose it, or forget it.
It will certainly happen :slight_smile:

Also use Ilok, but there are some great plugins working without dongles.

I’m not sure exactly what you need the transformer to do, but if you’re on Windows then a useful utility is TransMidifier, especially when combined with LoopBe. It works outside the DAW, then you can select in Cubase the routing you need.