Google search: no redirection to last manual?

when I do a search in google, I very often arrive in version 1 of the manual
like this

[type or paste code here](https://steinberg.help/dorico/v1/en/)

and if I try to change V1 to v4, I obtain
Sorry, the page cannot be found
for exemple:
“dorico swap voice order” search give result //v1
“dorico 4 swap voice order” search give also v1 reslut

What is the secret to find in the right manual via google?

After Dorico 1, the manual was split to accommodate the additions of Elements, SE, and iPad variations.

Therefore, you need to include the product variant in the URL. For example, the Dorico Pro 4 online manual’s URL is https://steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v4/en/

Over the years, I’ve added quite a lot of additional keywords and metadata, meaning that the native search on that landing page for the Dorico Pro 4 manual is quite good these days. You could also try searching it directly, and bookmarking the relevant manual URL for the version you own.

Hello Lillie,

One example:
“dorico swap voice order” search give:
https://steinberg.help/dorico/v1/en/dorico/topics/notation_reference/notation_reference_voices_swapping_voice_order_t.html

So if I change as you proposed dorico_pro/v4/

https://steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v4/en/dorico/topics/notation_reference/notation_reference_voices_swapping_voice_order_t.html

Give Sorry, the page cannot be found!

So it seems that only solution with bookmark in all my computer ,ipad, iphone, etc…is the solution

The reason for that one is “slightly complicated and boring”, because the folder structure of files changed at some point.

Try searching the manual directly, and let me know if you have any trouble finding relevant results. Or, set up an online search that specifies the version number.

As long-time promised, we are looking at ways of making it clearer and easier to switch between versions once you’ve landed on the page.

No problem to search directly in the right page, I’ll boorkmark it in “pocket”

But it’s still strange that google does not reference the pages if I refine the keywords:
dorico_pro v4 swap voice order
Thanks
p.s
The only problem with the real manual is this:
Snag_1d05b2e

And the headline of the first of those results is?

@pianoleo

yes it’s the page…thanks but…
but I’m starting to get depressed because in the end I haven’t found the solution to the problem I wanted to solve in seraching “swap voice order” and two hours have passed…
I’ll ask the question maybe tomorrow, but I’m starting to be afraid of bothering everyone, it’s already my 5th post today: I must really be a sucker.

You might as well go ahead and ask. Chances are that there’s some small detail in the terminology - you might want to swap the contents of voices, for instance.

@pianoleo
you are nice to encourage me!
I’m trying to pick up a problem that I never managed to do without re-writing the whole notes:
reverse two voices and their content:
a
to
b

I tried everything except the solution! swap content + flip, copy and paste one voice after the other and flip,…always something not good
Why not simple like this:
problem_voice_swap

I think the easiest way is to swap voices, then filter for each voice and repitch. If they’re all the same pitch as in this example, you can just use Alt-up or down arrow to transpose a step at a time. Flipping stems only complicates the situation.

For a passage that’s not repeated pitches, but you still want to swap the rhythms, it’s probably easiest to swap and then repitch each voice all the way through.

When I want to access the help files, I just open the Hub and use the Help link to make sure I get the latest version.

1 Like

@Derek_McLean
Thanks but my first music computer has no internet
@Mark_Johnson
Great thanks yes your solution work.
Finally I tried still one hour and I think I found perhaps quicker (because I haven’t done shortcut for all filter voice) here is my solution with “paste special” see this gif (but in realtime use ctrl c to copy)
Best regards
solution

Quicker than Copy/Paste: R to duplicate a bar’s worth of notes, and V to switch voices.

@Mark_Johnson
I tried with your “v” but it gaves me this !

where is switch voices without shortcut, beacause I have a swiss french keyb and shorcut are not the same

Honestly @Dup I think the simplest way to do this is to do a little bit of rewriting, a little bit of moving etc rather than swapping voices: you’re not really swapping voices at all, just their rhythms. And those are easily fixed using a combination of changing note durations and moving notes right/left along the rhythmic grid.

It’s quite a simple example, and once you’ve fixed up one bar (if this is a repeating pattern), you can replicate it.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot you use a different keyboard. V is the English keyboard for Note Input > Next Voice, which you can find in Preferences > Key Commands to see what keyboard shortcut it has.

@Dup, you might consider (from menu at top of screen) View > Notes and Rest Colors > Voice Colors. I know that’s not your question, but it’s really handy for voices.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help
So my goal was:
to do rhythmic exercises of independence to strike on two sound sources of which each odd measure is the opposite of its previous odd measure.
I finally use tips from @Lillie_Harris and @Mark_Johnson , and the method is like this if somebody are interested:

solution_ok

@pianoleo thank you :online help will become a powerful tool

1 Like

Sorry…bow!!! grrr!! sometimes it dosen’t work and don’t know why.
Here a gif when the final action [v] is applied and the result is not ok.
I put the voices in color to avoid answers asking me that.

solution_notOK

I’m going crazy!

Are both of those voices downstem voices, perchance? One of them needs to be an up stem voice.

1 Like